Friday, November 21, 2008

Fun Day!

I have finished the Clapotis, but it needs blocking again (I did wear it today...) More on that later. Today some of the girls from my knitting group and I went to the Knitting and Stitching show in Harrogate. I'm afraid I was rubbish and didn't take any photos. This was mostly because there were lots of signs on the displays asking us not to. I did score some great yarn though, so I'm going to share that with you now. The Haul As well as yarn, I bought some other bits and bobs. Underneath all the stuff there is a Jamieson and Smith 100% Shetland wool blanket. It's really pretty, and should be warm. OH has agreed that he's going to buy it for me for Christmas. There's also a book in there. It's about how words from textiles are used in our language today. It's signed by the author for me too. How cool? There's a funky T-Shirt there on the left which I love. I tried it on at the stand. From Knit & Caboodle. Then, at the back, there's a dye kit. It's natural dyes, from DT Craft. I got some Noro sock yarn at a bargain price (I can't remember where from!) Yet More Noro Sock I also bought some lovely sock yarn (the red yarn) from the Wensleydale Longwool Sheepshop who had lots of lovely yarn. 4ply Wensleydale Lastly, again from Knit & Caboodle, I bought 10 balls of Noro Cash Iroha in a nice shade of green. I hope to make a Simple Knitted Bodice from this. Noro Cash Iroha Other than the food being a bit dear, which frankly I expected, there were some good deals to be had. I am excited by the dye kit that I bought, and I'm looking forwards to knitting up the Wensleydale sock yarn into some "Spring Thaw" socks, from one of my magazines. In other news, I have another pattern up, the Hamster House. I wanted to make a cosy home for my hamster. So far all he's done is chew it a bit, but maybe he'll get used to it. In any case, it's 100% wool so shouldn't do him much harm if he does decide to shred it for nesting in.

1 comment:

Vanessa Hubbard said...

You are the second person who can't remember where they got their Noro from! Think that might be a bit of a marketing misnomer by the stand holder! I suspect it was Designer Knitting Yarns, a small stand crammed with yarn and a man showing felted bags. If not, it would have been Black Sheep.