Tuesday, August 30, 2005

House!

At last!
We have moved in to our new house!
Many thanks to those who helped, including my parents and two of our friends.
I was going to post some photos of our lovely new house, but the scanner broke and there aren't any online. Poo.
Anyway, the move. We got up at about 7:30 and I wished that I had eaten less curry the night before. I got some breakfast and then we went about packing up the remainder of the things in the house (mostly) My parents arrived in a HUGE blue van from Rhino Car & Van Hire, Brigg Rd Scampton, Lincoln, LN1 2SY - Tel. 01522 537633 (ok, they were fab, so I've plugged their services) Anyway, the van was huge, as I said. We still didn't fit everything in it. Our friends took some stuff (and also my mum) in their car. We then returned for load two. It took until about 3pm to get the last load in the van. All the stuff was inside by about 6pm.
It's on the way to being packed away too. (okay, ish)
We then spent Sunday at Currys, Comet, etc. We finally bought a fridge/freezer and washer/dryer from Powerhouse, and hopefully they will be arriving on Saturday. We have to pay the man who brings them £20 for his time as we wanted delivery on the Saturday and not on Wednesday which is much less convenient.
Thankfully, then my parents went home. Therefore they stopped 'organising' things for me. I love my parents, don't get me wrong. However, when confronted on Sunday morning with them moving the three piece to "Where it obviously has to go" I knew two things:
  1. They were annoying me
  2. I'd have to move it around, even if the place they put it was perfect.
I don't know if anyone else has that sort of family...
Anyway, I was really glad of their help, even if they annoyed me quite a bit.
After the departure of the parents, we went to the aforementioned friends house as they had offered to cook us dinner, and as we only have pasta and soup, we accepted. Their feeding us was not only much appreciated, but the food was very nice too!
And now we are here, in a house where I have set up the PC but can't find any underwear. A house where we've had to change the loo seat. A house which we will, in 25 years, own.
In case you can't tell - I'm happy.

1 comment:

Bertworld said...

Fantastic news. New houses are good excuses do more shopping!!