First, I'll start with the burgundy Corriedale from the experiment. I confess, I didn’t really enjoy spinning it – this Corriedale was rather rough and a bit matted (probably partly my fault for storing it as I did)
Despite not liking it; the experiment being of interest, I spun it reasonably quickly. Here are the results:
43g / 72yd (100g/167yd), Z spun, S 2-plied, approx DK/Sport, quite heavy.
50g / 96yd (100g/192yd), Z spun, S 2-plied, approx DK/Sport, still reasonably heavy.
|This one has blue ties, for the 50g second skein!|
So, from fibre…
|I've tweaked the colours in this picture, but the fluff is about the right blue|
20g / 64yd (100g/320yd), Z spun, S Andean-plied, approx 4ply
|The two colours in the plying give it a nice depth that the fibre alone didn't have, much improved!|
Finally, I decided to move on to another sample, I was drawn back to the My Heart Exposed braid, and even though it was Corriedale (which had fallen out of favour with me) I decided to go for it.
|Pretty but not so bold as I usually go for!|
20g / 36yd (100g/180yd), Z spun, S Navajo-plied, approx heavy 4ply
|The texture of the Navajo ply is so finished looking!|
|The pinks, greens and golds all get to shine individually!|