Sunday, January 08, 2006

Banish the 2005-ness of the Blog

Yes, I am finally going to "spring"-clean and sort out my "things to do" list. I did manage to acheive 5 of my 10 "to do"s. Oh well, maybe I'll try to pick some that don't involve waiting for Leon to do things (like the frame/hang picturess stuff) or maybe I should set some other "to do"s for Leon...

So I did:
Buy a house
Go on a weekend city break
Lose weight (although I put all of it back on over Xmas - boo.)
Take up and continue doing weights OR jogging (although I must get back to that now...)
Make a dress

I did not:
Buy cushions
Create and frame a good A3 pastel picture (although I did create one...)
Hang UoW T-Shirt somewhere (I failed this due to Leon not putting up any hooks) Make one of those pretty tops [0.5/1 (disaster, in bin)] Go for 24 consecutive hours without Tea [10/24 during move]

So, what on Earth are my "to do" items for 2006?
Well, I'm trying to be quite optimistic about what I can acheive in the next year. I may extend some of these goals if I feel that they're not challenging enough.
Things to do in 2006:
1. make/buy curtains for the house
Yes, the result of having bought a new house is that I need curtains. I have some curtains downstairs which match the sofa and the table cloth, and the previous owners left blinds and curtains in the front bedroom, a blind in the back bedroom and curtains in the bathroom. Generally I dislike those which were left, and the downstairs ones are a bit blue. So, new curtains needed. Two pairs in the lounge, two pairs in the front bedroom, one pair in the back bedroom and one pair in the bathroom.

2. make/buy cushions (carried over from 2005)
The sofa is uncomfortable. Mainly due to age. We need cushions.

3. complete arty picture for Leon's brithday
I promised Leon I'd give him something special for his birthday, and other than the obvious, this was the best idea. So, I'm making a three-panel picture of one of Leon's favourite cars. In oils on canvass. It's fun and messy. Good.

4. buy some new slippers
You'd agree if you could see/smell my current pair

5. pay off my overdraft
I've been hugely overdrawn since 2000 when I went to uni. It must stop, as it is costing me money!

6. get a hamster
I miss having a pet. I've always had a pet of some kind: Arthur (snail), Goldie (fish), Snowy (rabbit), Sophie (dog), Lightning (rabbit), Pepper (dog), Salt (cockateil). Since moving out of my parents house, though, Pepper and Salt are both sadly deceased and I have no pet. I like hamsters (and mice, rats, gerbils...) and Leon likes them since they don't have those tails

7. learn how to make tea-cakes
I realised today that tea-cakes are one of my favourite bread products. Therefore I plan to learn how to make them (even though they're only about 20p a pack in Tesco)

8. read some new books
I may even join a book club.

9. get Leon to put up some picture hooks
So that I can hang pictures, mirrors and general hangy stuff up.

10. lose weight (again)
I'm still not happy with my weight (mainly as I'm back where I started due to an over indulgent christmas!) so this stays on the list.

No comments: