Friday, October 09, 2009

Handspun Mittens

Okay, so I don't always post when I finish knitting something, but this one is special.

Way back in 2008 I was part of Secret Pal - this was one of my parcels I received some fleecy stuff to have a go at spinning.

I eventually turned it into this handspun yarn, in gloriously red-crimson-orange.

And then I did nothing with it for a long time.
Kicked into action by being asked if I had ever knit anything I had spun, I picked it up, wound it into a ball and looked for a pattern.


I couldn't find a pattern for a small enough amount of yarn (I hadn't spun much, and it was quite fine on average) so I wrote my own pattern. Handspun Self Designed Mitts

You can download it by clicking here, or by going to the Ravelry Page for it.
Let me know what you think anyway!

No comments: