Thursday, July 10, 2008

What a Day!

Today has been fantastic; we went to the Great Yorkshire Show…but more about that later.
Because, on the way home, I picked up a parcel. And that parcel was from my secret pal!
 parcel 1 wrapped
And what was in that parcel? Well, let me tell you.
 Parcel 2 unwrapped
If you look in this picture you will see (starting top left, moving around clockwise)
Some Dairy Milk melts. Yummy! OH and I have both had one of these already and they’re lovely!
Two balls of Rowan Kidsilk Night. That’s the one with the sparkly bits in!
A lovely card with socks on, and some handmade (I think) stitch markers, including one with a fish on!
Two balls of Rowan Damask in a delightful pink colour (woo, love pink!)
Some top, which my pal tells me that s/he uses for wet felting, but that s/he thinks can be spun. The colours are again fantastic!
And a drinks coaster about being grown up, which is hilarious!

Wow, I feel so spoiled! Thank you so much secret pal, whoever you may be, I will really enjoy all of these things!

-o0o-

Now, moving on to the Great Yorkshire Show.

 Collage For more pictures, check out my Flickr, by clicking on the image!
It was such a fun day! We saw sheep, cows, pigs, chickens, alpaca, tractors, crafts, cheeses, flowers, food and the top of the Queen’s Landrover!
My favourite part was the alpaca.

I bought a ball of alpaca double knit from Toft Alpaca who offer a range of Alpaca goodies on their website – go check it out!
 Alpaca Yarn I also, while petting the Alpaca, was encouraged by OH to go see what they were selling on the British Alpaca stand. They had bags of fleece, and encouraged by OH, I picked one up. It’s from a local Alpaca herd in Kirkbymoorside. There’s 600g here and it was £10. I think that’s good, but I confess that I don’t know.  Alpaca Fleece And so now I need some carders, as this is uncarded, unwashed fleece. Whoops!

1 comment:

Dianne said...

oooo, nice swap package. Love those stitch markers. Those chickens at the fair are cool - they look like they're wearing cotton candy instead of feathers!