Friday, September 23, 2011

Excited!

Three days ago I received a PM in my Ravelry inbox.
The PM was from one of the moderators of a group on Ravelry called Nerd Wars (Rav Link).

The concept is pretty simple; knitters, crocheters, spinners and weavers from Ravelry join teams representing their favourite nerdy topic (ranging from Star Wars to Books to Board Games!) and then these teams compete by crafting along to challenges for points.

Points can be earned for projects which meet the brief, and bonus points are available for projects which meet the brief in a way that reflects ones chosen nerd-dom. On top of that there are even more bonus points for projects which meet a challenge set by the team.

It’s been a while since I took part in any group crafting, and I think I’ve really only joined in with swaps in the past. This will be my first real craft-along!

I’m quite excited about it, and even though I won’t know for sure which team I will be on for this round (I’ve joined in time for tournament 3) until next week, I’ve been designing a new Ravatar for my first choice team: Team Enterprise. I’ll show it here if I do join that team. (The team is Star Trek, in case you couldn’t guess)
My other options are Rogue Squadron (Star Wars) and the Unseen University (Discworld).

There will be a challenge for each month, so I’m working to get my spinning wheel free (I’m about a third of the way through spinning my Vampire Rock fibre from a Little Bit Sheepish.

Vampire Rock

I also have the super secret Christmas gift for hubby on the needles, that’s not going to be done before the 1st October! The Lava cowl might be done by then if I concentrate on it for a bit. It’s quite a fast knit as it is heavy DK and on nice big needles!

And then there’s the two swallowtails. I’ve ripped the pink one back to just prior to the second-to-last lace section, but I still need to pick up the stitches from the lifeline and then re-knit the edge. I’m almost at the end of the budding lace on the blue one, though it would go quicker if I stopped making mistakes on it!
Depending on what else I decide to do on Monday and Tuesday next week (when I have two days off work) I might get one of the WIPs finished.

I have a week until round 1 of tournament 3 begins!

No comments: