Monday, February 27, 2012

Update

I’ve been knitting some fun little knits over the weekend. Probably about 9 hours total (about 3 hours each, maybe less if you’re not watching telly!) for these adorable little hats!

Baby Hats

Pattern: Basic Baby Hat
Yarn: James C Brett Merino DK (red and green) and Sublime Pure Merino DK (sesame)
Needles: 4mm
Modifications: None really, I moved the decreases around a bit
Verdict: I love this pattern – I’ve made it before for Nerd Wars!

I’ve sent these lovely little hats off to another Raveller who is collecting for Breakspears Baby Blankets (they also take hats).
Baby Hats ready to post

Baby hats are such a satisfying knit. They don’t take very long, or very much yarn. They are so cute when they’re done. These ones in particular are going to someone who really needs them, someone who maybe can’t afford to provide their baby with even one little hat to keep its head warm. How can anyone not love making something like that?
I do have another baby hat planned to go with the little jacket I knitted earlier this month, but I will wait until Thursday (start of round 2) to cast it on because that means I can count it for next round’s challenges.
That also means that I have “Melted the cube”! Yes, that’s 6 for 6 Nerd Wars challenges.

Nerd Wars T4 R1 Six for Six

Woot!

This also means I’ve three whole days to work on my dissertation and other stuff, while waiting for the next round’s challenges to appear!
I’ve really enjoyed knitting all the things I’ve knitted for this round of Nerd Wars. I’ve enjoyed the new team as well. I’ve especially enjoyed the squares, which isn’t something I thought I would enjoy at all. In fact, I’ve enjoyed them so much I’m considering making a mini blanket.

You might remember a while back I worked out that it is possible to have a 9x9 blanket with 9 colours and 9 patterns and have them all appearing only once in a row. I think I’d like to do that still!
So watch this space!

No comments: