Monday, March 05, 2012

Continuing and an FO!

Well, there’s a lot going on at the moment! I went to my sisters for the final bridesmaid fitting this weekend. My dress doesn’t need any adjustments. I guess that’s good – though I was trying to lose some weight! Still, it doesn’t matter because the dress looks really nice and will be comfortable too. It’s the hen party next weekend, which should be a lot of fun. We’re going to Manchester. So if you see a bunch of girls dressed in purple stuff in Manchester then it might be my sister’s hens!

In crafty news, I used the train journey to my sisters to cast on for Acanthus. It’s a pretty scarf / shawlette pattern where the edge is knitted and then you pick up stitches for the crescent shaped bit. I’m using some cashmere sparkle yarn which is a pain to work with though, so it’s not the most fun knit. It’s also lace on both sides, so it requires concentration. So it’s not a TV knit.

I’ve also been knitting a bit on my Nerd Wars dissertation project. The drawback of lacy yarn and small needles is that it takes forever to see any progress. It’s looking nice now though.

On the way back from my sister’s I finished off another cute little knit, a baby hat.

I’m planning on writing up the pattern for the hat and a new jacket I’m planning in a PDF. It’s likely to be a freebie, and it needs test-knitting first. Anyway, here’s the hat:

Baby Hat

Pattern: I unvented it
Yarn: Stylecraft Life Aran
Needles: 5mm
Modifications: n/a
Verdict: I like it so much I’m going to write it up and add it to my pattern collection!

I’ve also started another project; some granny square crocheted slippers. I’m using some Noro that I have for these in green-grey-blue. I’ve almost made one square so far, I need twelve all together. They should be pretty quick! I’m probably going to submit these to a Nerd Wars challenge too, probably the 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon challenge. I need to knit/crochet/spin at least two more items for Nerd Wars for this month. I’ve got some plans for spinning something, which will be nice. I also hope to possibly crochet some slippers for my hubby. Whether that will be this month or not is another question!

No comments: