We had an old pin-board, which I wanted to use in the kitchen but which really wasn't going to work in the new room.
So what did I do?
I re-painted, quilted and covered it, and ended up with this:
Here's what I did:
- Sand down the wood frame and mask it
- Undercoat the wood frame
- Paint the wood frame (2 coats)
- Make a cardboard frame to fit just inside the wood frame
- Cut out quilt batting to fit inside the wood frame, and a piece of fabric about half an inch wider all around than the cardboard frame
- Place the fabric face down on the desk
- Place the quilt batting on top
- And the cardboard frame on top of that
- Using a hot glue gun, fold the fabric around the edges of the cardboard frame - you'll end up with a padded square of fabric
- Place the padded fabric square into the frame and attach using a staple gun