Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Tour de Fleece update - Day 11!

Day 10 was a rest day for both the riders and spinners, so I happily spent my evening knitting on the Clapotis I’m making for my mum.

Day 11 was a trying day for me in real life, as the redundancy announcements at work came out. I actually still have a job, but I’m not yet sure how I feel about that. I finished the second alpaca single and I intend to ply those shortly.

TdF day 11

Then, to cheer myself up, I started my first ever art yarn. I had a pack from the Threshing Barn which I picked up at one of the British Wool Weekend events, I think last November.

British Wool Weekend New Stuff!

I emptied the tube onto my floor to see what was in there…

Threshing barn spinning kit

Flowers, leaves, beads, yarn, curls, silk blend and wool fibre (from two different breeds of sheep, at least)

So, I started spinning a single of that, with some intentional slubs, and then when I Navajo ply it, I will add the beads, flowers and leaves. I’m not sure about the yarn. It’s not really working for me, so it might not be added at all to this yarn. We’ll see how I feel when I get to that point.

TdF day 11

No comments: