Saturday, December 03, 2011

Nerd Wars Round 2 is over!

And I haven't blogged about it once. Shame on me.

Well, that does mean that I have quite a lot of finished things to share with you.

The challenges this time were more challenging (and the round three ones are REALLY hard!) but I eventually came up with something for every one of the six challenges.

I made a square on the diagonal which I've donated to an AIDS Orphans charity...

Square

Pattern: cast on 3, increase by kfb 2nd stitch every row until sides are desired length, knit 2 rows, decrease by k2tog every row until 3 sts remain, cast off.
Yarn: leftover Karaoke and leftover Cascade 220
Needles: 4.5mm
Modifications: n/a
Charity link: Knit a Square

I made a snowflake, which will be a tree ornament for me.

snowflake

Pattern: Snowflake 11 from Chez Crochet
Yarn: 4ply baby wool
Hook: 4mm
Modifications: I changed the final round slightly for ease, but can't really explain it!
Verdict: Once it's starched it will be fab!

And I made a heart (Spock's heart, so it's green)

Nerd Wars - Spock's Heart

Pattern: Baby Hearts (Rav link only)
Yarn: Debbie Bliss Pure Cotton (lime)
Needles: 4mm
Modifications: None!
Verdict: Nice pattern, would be fab stuffed with lavender or similar.

And I made this shawl.

Semi Circular Shawl























Pattern: Mizzle (Rav link only)
Yarn: Orkney Angora St Magnus D.K. (pink), Sublime Yarns Angora Merino (brownish)
Needles: 5mm
Modifications: Didn't do the garter ridges, otherwise knit as written.
Verdict: It's fab. It needs blocking, then I'll know if it's big enough!

No comments: