Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Reasons Why I Like My Shape

As the diet thing isn’t really going that well, and I’ve been told by three different people that I don’t need to loose weight, I have been trying to look at myself a little differently.
The people in the public eye that I find attractive are generally much slimmer than your average person, for example Alyson Hannigan or Angelina Jolie. Of course, I know that they have dieticians and personal trainers, how on earth could I have the time to be that thin.
What I find attractive in a woman, as a woman, is possibly not the same as what men find attractive in women.
The only person I need to be concerned about is my boyfriend. Unfortunately he agrees with me about Alyson Hannigan.
So – what have I figured out so far? Well, that Alyson Hannigan is attractive but that I can never be that thin.
OK. This train of reasoning, I think, is not really that productive. So I have to look at another method.
It was suggested that I should think of five reasons why someone would find me attractive physically. So, here goes.
  1. I have nice boobs I have a nice smile
  2. I have big eyes
  3. I have pretty good legs
  4. I have a pert (if large) bottom
Ok, that was easier than I expected. Maybe that’s not something which will help me. This is the trouble, although I know that I have redeeming physical features, I tend to concentrate much more on the things I dislike about myself. To be honest I would really just like to be firmer on my tummy and sides. I am doing a little dieting – but I do need to be careful. Extreme dieting is not a place I’d like to return to(1)
So, just getting rid of the bit that most women want rid of. Joy. You see, I don’t really mind my fairly large bottom. I don’t worry that my thighs are a bit wobbly. I love that my boobs got bigger when I put on weight. My face shape isn’t quite as nice as it was, but I can use blusher in creative ways!
So, in order to make me feel better about myself, we took a digital photo of me looking rough in mis-matched underwear. I’m slouching and rounding my shoulders. Then, just before the holiday we will take another photo of me. Hopefully in the new one I will look better. The plan is that I will wear heels and one of my new sexy bikinis. I’ll pose better and smile rather than scowl. OK, so I know that some of it is about psychology, and that I may look almost the same as before but I’m posing better. That said, if I look better in the picture then I’ll feel better regardless. (I hope)
Also, I am enjoying my new cardiovascular exercise – skipping! I find it tiring, and it also hurts my joints after a while, as it’s very high impact. We do have camping mats, which we use to skip on as this cushions the landings a little. I managed to do 100 consecutive skips last night.

(1) As a teenager (like most teenagers) I had a minor problem with eating. I didn’t – if there was any way that I could avoid meals I would. However, while at university – thanks partly to a good friend and also to my boyfriend – I discovered that I didn’t have to be starving all of the time. That resulted in the me in the picture top right.

2 comments:

Jimbobjo said...

All those five things are very attractive features of your good self.

I know that Dom likes Willow physically, but he also adores you both because of the way you look and because of the person you are. The latter is far more important.

I also think that girls who have Willow's body shape are attractive, however, I also really like the more voluptuous body shape too. (Although I think that girls who are really thin and have large boobs just look a bit silly). Having said all that, when looking for a new girlfriend I really am not looking for someone who has a certain body shape, I am looking for an intelligent, sophisticated woman with similar interests to me. Luckily for me I appear to have found a new girlfriend who meets these criteria. She is also, I think, very attractive, which for me is a bonus. If she was less attractive, I would still want to go out with her because of the person she is.

Jimbobjo said...

Oh, and although I don't want you to get all big-headed, you also have great hair. Not sure that I know what the real colour of it is though!!