Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Anti Blog Post

Up until this point I have stood firm in the "Blogging is good" corner.

I have now changed my mind.

Two of my friends are arguing, via blog, about something which was said/read in the wrong way.

I am not sure that blogging is good anymore. Perhaps I will have to put up small posters extolling things I have done and like in my house. It will reach less people, but therefore will cause less disputes.

I was going to comment on the situation, but am not. If you don't see me blogging for a while you know why.
I may return - I don't know.

3 comments:

Lint said...

Nah, it's all right. I think we've sorted it now.

Lint said...

You know, blogs have many purposes and one of them can be for debate and argument. Sometimes it can be about important things (eg the travesty of the US election) and sometimes it can be unimportant things (eg who did what to who when and why).

So sometimes you have to write to justify yourself and defend your opinions on either the important or the non-important things. This can sometimes turn into an argument. As far as I'm concerned, this is fine as long as all participants are aware what they are doing, any statements made are justifiable, participants try and avoid childish name-calling (unless it's funny and obviously meant in jest) and as long as people are actually trying to reach a conclusion rather than just arguing for the sake of it.

Alternatively:

Blogs are like pubs. Sometimes you go in and there's a fight. And you leave. But you go back another day (unless there are fights every week - then it's time to find a new pub!).

Stick with it :-)

Bertworld said...

I think its just a lovers tiff