Tuesday, September 06, 2005

731 days

Or indeed, two years.
Yes, that's the amount of time I have been working for . My first day was exactly two years ago today.
It doesn't really seem so long and yet it also seems to be a long time. I've grown up more than I expected, but probably not as much as I aught to have.
A whole bunch of things have not changed about me and my life though. I still have a fab boyfriend! Also, my taste in music is just as bad as always. I even have almost the same hair as I did those two years ago. OK, so now I own a house, and a fridge, and I'm not so skinny and my hair is an almost sensible colour (for now...)
Do people change, really though? Or do the people around them just come to understand them, and perhaps to accept their oddities.

That also means that it is just over two years (about two years and three months) since I finished university and set foot into the world. Or, my parents house. It took three whole months to find myself a job. I actually had two jobs lined up, but I liked York as a city, and didn't fancy Tunbridge Wells. How different things might have been.
There are a few things I miss about uni, mostly the underlying feeling that you can do anything. I also miss being able to go clubbing at Area 51 which was our 'local' Union venue. It was particularly local for me in my third year as I lived about two minutes walk from there - on campus! I enjoyed the school nights and retro nights and cheese night. All of it was fun, and we all just went to have fun. There was no worry about anything (except for things like worrying who the random bloke so-and-so went off with was...)
That said, I wouldn't go back now. Well, visit maybe, but not to stay. 3 years of that was probably as much as my health would stand!!

1 comment:

Lint said...

Me: 8 years and a couple of days.

And we definitely change.