Thursday, August 10, 2006

Been a While

Yes, I've not posted for a while.
This is mainly because I have been on holiday from work and so I have been busy doing other things.
I have mostly been stripping...
Stripped Bathroom (1) Stripped Bathroom (2)
...the wallpaper from the bathroom walls.
It's actually been quite fun, although I ache a bit in places like my shoulders. We also got to use my parents' steam making gadget to remove the wallpaper, which was fun!
We've also been taming the hamsters, Aston has almost learnt to come out when I call his name. It helps if you have a "fruity bite" for him though! He also likes sunflower seeds, but he's not keen on the chocolate drops. He chews on my nails when I have used my almond nail oil, so I might buy some almonds...
We've also done some shopping. We've bought some bits for the car for when Leon passes his test. We've also bought a travel case for the hamsters (which has been useful for when cleaning them out when there's only one of us in).
The plan with the bathroom is as follows:
  1. remove all wallpaper (almost done)
  2. remove toilet
  3. remove lino
  4. move toilet pipes an inch towards the bath
  5. fill in the big hole
  6. paper the back wall
  7. replace toilet
  8. paper the remaining bare walls
  9. (possibly) paint the paper
  10. put up curtain rail, loo roll holder etc
It's going to take a while!

No comments: