Monday, December 10, 2007

So you think you're a fan?

1. As I said before, my secret pal (downstream) is revealed (she worked out who I am): Fluffy Knitting!

onto the real post

I was having a bad day today…
I forgot to turn on my alarm, leading to a frenzied rush to get ready in less than forty minutes.
Work is, well, as usual
And then I read this article on Why Star Wars Fans Hate Star Wars I giggled. I agreed. I felt slightly silly.
I’ve watched the movies. So has my other half – see this post. I have read some of the books (mostly Timothy Zahn) and I have played both of the Knights of the Old Republic (which I enjoyed, but then I do like RPG… and being a Jedi…) and I agree.
The only thing I’d disagree with is the reference to trekkies (or trekkers or whatever they/we’re choosing to be called these days.) I don’t love all of Star Trek, nor do I only love the Gene Rodenberry bits. I just really dislike Enterprise. It’s inconsistent the same way that the “new” films are for Star Wars. They should know better. Do your research, know your (future) history!

Okay, that’s enough for now.

No comments: