My achievements in the year are some selfless, some personal achievements, some demons beaten (I can drive!) and some simple things which have changed my day-to-day existence.
There's lots more I want to do, and while my "to do" for next year might still be about hanging pictures and baking, I'm beginning to distil a sort of idea of what I want from the future. To be honest it's not really what I expected, and I don't know whether I can do it. However, one thing which will never change is my desire to prove I can do things, especially if other people don't think I can. I want to iron this out into a plan (which will probably begin with sorting out the money, again!)
So anyway, here they are:
- Donated to a charity each month by DD
- Learnt to knit
- Joined pilates classes
- Recommended Leon for his job
- Bought a new computer (when the old one blew up…)
- Knit my first pair of socks!
- Bought another car
- Got back down to a size 12 for my holiday
- Learnt to crochet
- Learnt to drive
- Played frisbee on the beach!
- Hired a car in the US!
- Joined ravelry
- Ran in the Race for Life again
- Went to Florida and visited the family
- Discovered sweet potato and smoked mackrel (not together)
- Got a promotion at work
- Participated in Secret Pals
- Came 2nd in the PTH
- Read a poem at James and Rachel's wedding
- Completed the "medium" level on Guitar Hero 2
- Created 24 knitted items, including 9 gifts
- Discovered the joy of wearing flat shoes sometimes
- Fancy Dress twice (or 3 times if you count the overdressed Xmas curry)
- Got measured for a properly fitting bra (trust me ladies, it will change your life!)
- Learnt what a "French seam" is