Friday, May 30, 2008

Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Here's my SP12 Questionnaire.
Your normal Blogging service will resume shortly (when I get chance to upload pictures from the bank holiday!)

Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire
  1. What is/are your favourite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
    I use a lot of wool yarn. I like soft things like Angora and such, love natural fibre. I would like to try bamboo some time! I'm not completely against man-made fibre, but it's nicer if it's in a mix with the wool or whatever.
  2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
    They're in some ikea linen boxes in the top drawer of my yarn chest. Totally disorganised!
  3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
    I started knitting in January 07, I picked up a book with some birthday money, my Mum showed me how to cast on, and I was away! I'm somewhere between beginner and intermediate I think. I knit socks without too many issues, I know two kinds of cast on. I can tink and I'm okay with correcting a mistake a couple of rows down (not in lace). I have started my first lacey project and have all the kit to make a Muir shawl (from Knitty) I started crocheting about four or five months after the kniting. I don't get on with it as well, and I'd say I'm a beginner at crochet.
  4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
    I have an Amazon knitting wishlist Here (I hope)
  5. What's your favourite scent?
    I prefer fruity scents. I do like chocolate and cinnamon scent too.
  6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favourite candy?
    I like chocolate-and-nut combinations, and chocolate and fruit. I love 70%+ dark chocolate.
  7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
    I have a "learn to spin" kit that I haven't had (made) time to try out yet. I make greetings cards. I also enjoy baking, both bread and cakes.
  8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
    I like cheesy pop and rock (especially 80s rock)
  9. What's your favourite colour(s)? Any colours you just can't stand?
    My favourite colours are red and pink, I'm less fond of yellow and green, but I do like them in moderation (or on Jaywalkers!)
  10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
    I live with my long-suffering boyfriend. We have a hamster.
  11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
    Not so much with the ponchos! I love hats with peaks to stop the rain from getting on my specs!
  12. What is/are your favourite item/s to knit?
    Gosh! Well, I'm really enjoying knitting socks at the moment. I think it's because they are quick, portable and comfy when done! I get bored with knitting scarves though! I'm not fond of rib.
  13. What are you knitting right now?
    Well, you can see in the side-bar that I have several projects on. These are a sweater for the aforementioned boyfriend, some Jaywalkers, a hat I'm designing, a massive throw, more socks for the Discworld swap, and my first lace scarf. The lace on the scarf makes it a bit less boring!
  14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
    Yes, especially useful ones!
  15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminium, plastic?
    I think I get on better with straights, but I am currently trying to learn two-at-a-time-on-two-circs (socks) instead of my 4-or-5 dpns (which I adore!)
  16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
    No, although I'm borrowing a yarn winder at the moment, and I fear I might have to obtain both of these things before long!
  17. How old is your oldest UFO?
    It's a 2x2 rib scarf I started in September 2007. I think it might end up being cancelled rather than hibernating!
  18. What is your favourite holiday?
    I am a beach bum. I like nothing better than doing as little as possible on the beach. I like city-breaks too though, my trip to Bruges last February was fantastic!
  19. Is there anything that you collect?
    I collect mugs (the kind you drink tea/coffee from).
  20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
    I subscribe to Knitters'. I usually pick up Interweave Knits from Borders. I'm thinking about subscribing to that and possibly Knit.1 too. I only get Vogue when I fancy something in it. I'm always in to trying something new, I fancy trying bamboo or tencel yarns, or possibly hemp or nettle!
  21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
    As I said, I'm starting to knit two-at-a-time-on-two-circs. I wouldn't mind trying magic loop. I'd love to dye my own yarn.
  22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
    I am indeed a sock knitter! My foot length is 8" from heel to the start of the toe shaping (I do cuff down). I'm a UK size 6.5 roughly. (I think that might be an 8.5 US, but don't quote me) I'm making the smaller circumference Jaywalkers, I think that's about right.
  23. When is your birthday?
    I was born on the 31st December.
  24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?
    I am on Ravelry! My ID is Tsuki.

No comments: