Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Fetchingly Repetitive

I have knit two pairs of fetching so far,
Fetching One Pair Fetching
They’re a nice knit. the second pair are slightly amended, as I did a longer thumb and an extra repeat of the cable on the knuckles.
I wonder if they might make nice actual mittens too. You see, my fingers get cold easily, and so I like to wear “fingerful” gloves and mittens. I’m considering making some of the pretty ones from the autumn issue of Vogue Knitting. However, they’re all sock weight. As nice as that is, there are a couple of points: they’ll take a while; they will not be as thick. So I’m thinking about perhaps converting the Fetching pattern into some mittens that I might wear, when I’ve knit the other things in my queue right now. Or, some of them at any rate.
My plan is to finish the François, the Clapotis and Mum’s cardigan. I’d like to get the cardigan done before Christmas. It’s not technically a Christmas gift, but still. However, I’m not a big fan of cotton I have discovered. This is nice cotton too, it’s soft and not too hard to work with. It just doesn’t have the smoosh factor of wool, and the wool I’m working with is very smooshy. I have NDS BFL and Rowan Pure Wool Aran. Both are a real pleasure to knit with. I think, also, the pattern for the cardigan isn’t very intuitive. I’m tempted to rip it back and start again with a more intuitive lace pattern, or one with a longer repeat. Maybe I’ll have a look through my stitchionary tonight.

No comments: