Saturday, November 29, 2008

Decisions...

So, I bought a sweater worth of Noro Cash Iroha from Knit n Caboodle at the Harrogate Show. (It's not quite as turquoise as in the picture...)

Noro Cash IrohaI was thinking of knitting the Simple Knitted Bodice with it, but I'm not sure I have enough. I probably do...

Anyway, in my Queue there are other options which use the same weight yarn, Snow White and Corsica.

So, the SKB is a good length, my main concern being whether I have enough yarn. Snow White is very pretty and I already have the pattern, but despite it being pretty, I'm not sure if it will look nice on me. Corsica is beautiful, but I'd be worried that it's not long enough, as it shows off the model's tummy in the pictures. Not a good look for me at the moment I think. And not good for being warm! So I'd have to extend the length (just keep knitting!) but I think that would be quite easy because it seems to have modular construction.

So, I'm trying to decide which of those three I would rather make, which comes down to which I'm more likely to wear I think. The shape of the SKB and Corsica is a flattering one on me, it adds balance to my pear shape! But Snow White is pretty and would go with the tops that my mum has bought me for Xmas (same shape)

So, it might cost me up to $8 for a pattern, but that's not that much. I buy entire magazines for one pattern, so why not?!

So, eventually I'll let you know what I pick. I have to finish my hat first. Not that the hat that I own isn't adequate, but it is looking grubby from a year's wear (it's white, as you can see in the Clapotis pics from earlier) and I always like new hats. I'm decreasing now, it should be a bit big/floppy and will have a brim. I hope I haven't made it too big/floppy though! (Getting concerned about the amount of yarn I have left!) So pics of that soon(ish).

[edit] I should add that I have a sweater worth of Noro Kureyon, Rowanspun 4ply and of Rowan Summer Tweed too. I have an idea that I might make Ester with the Noro, Apres Surf Hoody with the Rowanspun and Hey Teach with the Summer Tweed.

1 comment:

kasiaiscarly said...

I REALLY like Corsica. The designer just put out another pattern with a similar horizontal cable, but I can't remember the name.