Saturday, January 19, 2013

At last!


It’s taken me a while, but I’ve finally finished my cabled sweater.

Sweater

Pattern: Folklore Cables and Twists by Sublime Yarns
Yarn: Sublime Yarns Chunky Merino Tweed – dusky pink (0240 Dilly)
Needle: 5mm and 6mm
Modifications: I picked up the cast on and knitted 2 inches of ribbing at the bottom of the sweater. I knit the sleeves two at a time, and I reversed the cables on one sleeve.
Verdict: I’m pleased! I knitted the smallest size and even though I got gauge, it’s still a bit looser than I would usually go for in a jumper. However, that’s pretty fashionable right now!

I started it in October, and if I’d concentrated on knitting the sweater rather than the other knitting, and if I hadn’t lost my knitting mojo as a result of changes at work, it might have been finished sooner. But, it’s here now just in time for the snow. So I can’t complain. It’s been nice to knit, the yarn really helps as it’s so soft and springy, a delight to work with. It is a little splitty in places due to being a single ply, but the softness makes up for it!

The question is: what next?

I’ve been considering my position with Nerd Wars. At the end of December I thought I wouldn’t sign up for the new tournament. Then I watched Firefly and Serenity, and I thought maybe I could spend a tournament with the Browncoats. But then I would need to change my Patrick Stewart ravatar, and I’m not sure I’m prepared to do that yet. So maybe I’ll stay in Space Alliance.

So, I think I’m going to play again, I can’t imagine not. I’m not going to do a dissertation because I just don’t get on with them – maybe eventually I will go back to it.

I’m finishing up some socks for Hubby, which should be done before the end of the month, and there’s still the rug I’ve been designing. And some spinning that I started back during the Olympics!

I do have plans for my holiday crafting though, some nice crochet – pretty and portable, and also something I can take on the plane.

No comments: