Tuesday, January 01, 2013

2012 - A Look Back

In a year that saw the Queen's Diamond Jubilee and the Olympics in London, there have been some highlights for me too.

January saw the beginning of my first year growing vegetables in the garden here. I started out with tomatoes and potatoes, and also tried chard, beans, chilli, squash and onions. Some were more successful than others, the tomatoes did very well in the end!

April saw my sister's wedding, my first wedding anniversary (which I didn't blog about, shame on me)

October was a packed month too, we redecorated the kitchen and I met Patrick Stewart at Star Trek London!

In crafting, I've crocheted...

2012 Crochet

...knitted...

Hats, Gloves and Scarves 2012 Other Knitting 2012
Tops 2012

...including socks...

IMG_1188 Illyria Socks

...and shawls...

Ravellenic Shawl
shawl

...I've woven...

woven bags tea wallet?

...and spun...

Singles Yarn Scrappy Spinning Spinning

...and knitted a scarf for hubby...

Hubby Scarf

I blame Nerd Wars for the large number of projects I've completed this year, and while I'm considering taking a break from it for a while, it's certainly been useful in getting some crafting done!

Happy 2013 everyone, let's hope it's as productive!

No comments: