Friday, November 12, 2004

Dressmaking Frenzy!

So, I've bought the material for my dress for the "Xmas Dinner 1" at the racecourse. I'm making a full length dress in a gold colour. It's going to have a cowl neck and slits up the sides of the legs. Hopefully it will look good. I'm also making a shorter dress for the Department's Christmas party. I'm going to make it out of red velour (stretchy velvet) and I also have created my own design for that (inspired by a Nicole Kidman Oscars dress) I also have other things to organise for both of these events. I have false nails to get done. In the past I have had these done professionally or used "stick ons". I have also used a home-gel kit from Rio, which was quite good but not as hard-wearing as I need. I'm generally clumsy and my nails are always breaking. So I've bought an acrylic kit instead. It's only a basic one, it doesn't have perfect French nails or anything. However it's hopefully going to make nice (shortish) nails for me for these parties. I'm going to paint my nails either coffee or gold coloured, depending on which goes better with the dress. For the Department do I'll probably do them red (which I'll have to buy) and then get Dom to paint something simple on them in black or silver - or both! Or maybe buy some of the little nail art things you can get that you stick on.
Well, I'm sure you're all bored to death of my uninteresting blather here, so I'll stop.

No comments: