Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Judgement day comes... and goes

So, judgement was not passed. No information has been gleaned. We know nothing. It's pants really - we have no idea what we'll be doing in the next three months - heck, I don't think we know what we'll be doing in the next three weeks! I feel very much kept in the dark, although that does seem to be the way this team is managed. I am amazed that the whole rest of the business seems to have sorted out whom is what; but somehow our team has been left out of the process. Maybe they've decided to outsource the whole team to Sri-Lanka and they just haven't finalised who will be going over there to show them what we know? Maybe they're just putting off the inevitable that way. Who knows? I suppose that we can say we have jobs for now, but it could be as early as tomorrow when they come to us and say actually..
Anyway, I suppose I have to just keep my fingers crossed, and try to make myself feel better knowing that there is some vague hope of promotion somewhere in the mess that is the organisation (or not) of this team.

I did 25 continuous minutes of DDR last night; No breaks. On Saturday when I did it I had to have a break after every song. I do enjoy DDR (That's Dance-Dance-Revolution, now called Dancing Stage Party Mix and other variations). I particularly like the track called "End of the Century" which has 4 feet on level one. It also has some Kylie and Cardigans, among other things. It's pretty cool. You can put a calorie counter on it, which you set with your age and weight and stuff, although I don't remember when I last updated mine! Anyway, I burned 180kcal it claimed.

I'm not getting very far with my current book; The Mill on the Floss. There are claims that the Floss is based on the Trent, and that one of the towns in the book is based on my hometown of Gainsborough. I will continue to try to read it!

3 comments:

Jimbobjo said...

I did wonder what DDR was in that memo you sent me on Monday!

Tsuki said...

You're welcome to come round and play if you want, although warn me so I can tidy up. Need mat space to do it!
Have you played DDR?

Lint said...

Dancing games are great!