Sunday, November 21, 2004

Memories

Today would have been my Nanna's birthday, if she were still with us. It has been just over 5 years since she died. I realised this fact yesterday, which seems so odd. It's not like it's been that long, I still vividly remember seeing her, the last time we did. I remember the fun things more though, because she was very sick when I last saw her.
She was an excellent Nanna. She used to be very good fun. I regret not talking to her more, even though she lived with us. I would have liked to know so much more that I didn't ask. I also regret never telling her I loved her. I know that she must have known, but it wasn't something that was done in our house then. I think we've all learned from that because we do tend to be a lot more open with one another.
You wouldn't think that five years on I would miss her so much.
I used to come home from school and make a cup of tea for us both, then go and sit with her and chat for a while, tell her about my day. We'd usually watch some rubbish telly before dinner...
Well anyway, I just wanted everyone to know how fantastic she was, and that I miss her. I'm sure she's watching over me somehow and that she knows these things too.
Nanna and Iky

No comments: