Wednesday, December 01, 2004

My First Month End Rant

This month end I am being my boss.
Ok, technically not, I'm being Mr Black's boss. Because he's in Norwich. Not Mr Black, but his boss. My actual boss is here. I have done the work of two people (Myself and Black's boss) but I doubt that I will get any thanks for it. In fact, I think that my actual boss might try to take the credit for the smooth running today himself. He seems to think that I can't think for myself. For example, a program we run requires two inputs. One of these inputs often arrives later than the other, although today they arrived together. I therefore ran the program. My boss thinks that I have not checked this, and therefore that I have run the program wrong. I appreciate that he needs to make sure that the team are producing good quality stuff, that we are not releasing rubbish, but I would have noticed - I've been here over a year, I'm not stupid and I know what I'm doing. I do keep track of what I've done!
I get really frustrated by it because I know I do sometimes make mistakes and they're always waved around to taunt me, but the good work I do is ignored - like today. It's 5:15 and we generally all leave by 5, but I'm stil here and working (bar this) - and I've been doing TWO PEOPLE'S JOBS!!!!
Raaa!
I get the impression that my boss doesn't think much of me or my abilities.

No comments: