Sunday, December 05, 2004

Why?

I have been asked several times recently - "why do you have a blog?" and "what is a blog for?"

Well, this led to some introspection on my part. Why do I blog? What is the reason for me to publish what is basically a diary on the internet for the world to see? Is it in some vague hope that someone will find it interesting? Perhaps I am looking for someone to be impressed. Is it that I want to share things without having to have conversations about them?

I think, in honesty, that blogging allows me to sound off about things which annoy me, things which I know my friends wouldn't be interested in, and also allows me to consolidate my thoughts on issues which have had some effect on me. Ultimately I don't blog for other people, I blog for myself. (Except the book reviews, of course)

1 comment:

Jimbobjo said...

I am interested in the sort of things you blog about. I'd happily talk politics in the pub from time to time.