Saturday, December 04, 2004

Xmas Dinner One.

So yes, the first in a line of exciting dinners came and went last night.
We arrived in a blaze of publicity...
Well, we arrived anyway. One of my workmates was hanging around having a cigarette. Nobody took photos.
The food was good. I enjoyed all except the parfait. I didn't know what parfait was or I wouldn't have changed my order from plum pudding. It turns out, for the uninitiated, that parfait is basically blancmange on biscuit. Yuck. The first mouthful made me jidder. Ick! I gave mine to Dom.
The band was crap. I don't mind them playing Tom Jones's classics if they can sing anywhere vaguely near as well as he, but the band we had was poor. They did play some disco/pop music briefly between the band's slots. (Two slots!!!) and also apparantly afterwards. However, I missed the second slot since I was sick of the crappy music.
I did have a nice conversation with one of the young men who works down stairs from me, and who I send information to. He has very blue eyes! We agreed on the Daleks, Alien 3 and Star Trek. He was surprised by how much I had drunk, and the fact I wasn't falling over.
The dress was a success. I didn't reveal myself to the world due to extensive application of tit-tape. For everyone who isn't Pete (who I already told) tit-tape is double sided tape which is safe for use on skin and fabric and will attach clothing to body parts. That's how the stars, and now I, get away with these clothes.
However, despite the band being poor, the night was good. I enjoyed myself, I drank lots without being sick, some random person commented on my dress and some people even noticed my new haircut.
Yes, I finally got around to cutting my hair off. I feel like me again! I will try to post a picture of the new haircut but I will have to take a picture and everything first.

No comments: