Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Random

So, last night I planned to go to the quiz… it didn’t happen. I got wet on the way home due to rain, and couldn’t use my brolly because the wind was stronger than me. So, I changed into my long jogging bottoms, rather than my new cropped ones, and waited for Leon. We went out jogging. We did most of the usual route, but not all of it because my foot was still not being totally normal and I didn’t want to cripple myself for a long time. Then Leon showered and went for his driving lesson. I showered and settled down to watch some rubbish TV. Then Gemma called – she’s one of my friends from before I went to uni. So I spent a while chatting to her about the youth of today and the drawbacks of jogging. Then I cooked some fish for dinner.
Today I learnt: if you put oil on fish skin it spits, and this causes smoke if the oil lands on the filament of the grill.
So, then we settled down to eat the fish. By this time it was almost 9 o’clock and I was still in my dressing gown from having showered. i crossed the room in said dressing gown and L was overcome by laughter (well…) as I had managed to rip my dressing gown. Now there is a big tear on it all down the left-buttock covering bit. Bother. I do have another much nicer dressing gown, which is zebra print. It’s full length too, but not designed for people as fat as the blue one I ripped. The benefit of getting a dressing gown that’s too big is that it wraps around you further. Which I like; it makes it cosy and warm. Perhaps I’ll buy a new dressing gown. I should add it to my list of things I should do this year. The trouble is that dressing gowns aren’t the most exciting thing to buy. I could do with some new pyjamas too, but not the little vest-and-pants variety, which are nice but not warm, but the big t-shirt or shirt and trousers variety. I could, therefore, go all-out and buy matching dressing gown, pyjamas and slippers (can never have too many pairs of slippers, and I do need a pair to wear while I wash my current ones)
Of course, if I do buy new pyjamas etc I must throw away the old ones – I'm terrible for not doing that. I buy something to replace something I have and then I don’t get rid of the thing. I’ve stopped trying that with shoes anyway, but I do try not to have too many similar pairs… try is the operative word though!

No comments: