Monday, May 22, 2006

Simple things…

I have recently purchased a cross-stitch kit. It’s nice to have something a little creative to do while I’m watching telly, which isn’t really productive at all. Anyway, the cross-stitch is a Winnie-the-Pooh limited edition one, which came with over thirty colours of thread. So far I have sewed Eeyore’s hind legs and part of his ear. I’ll be going on to sew the rest of his body and then his tail with the pretty bow on it. it takes much more time than I thought it would! It’s quite soothing, which anyone who’s met me knows is a good thing! I must try to remember to wear my specs though, as I’m giving myself eye strain! Tut.
I was planning on going out to get an embroidery hoop today, but the weather is all horrible. So I didn’t. it’s not too hard to do without, but the tension isn’t so good when you’re not using a hoop.
I’m hoping that once I’ve done this one, I might be able to make up some of my own patterns. That would be wicked!

And so, despite the rain I’ll be running tonight, for the first time since I hurt my foot…

No comments: