Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Successful Bank Holiday

Yes, the long weekend has been a success! Hooray! We did extend our weekend by taking the Friday off as a holiday too. Friday I got my haircut, bought some jeans which did not drag on the floor and that top I’ve been lusting over in H&M. I also tried on a dress in there, but it looked silly. I bought some sunglasses and treated Leon to two new tops. Did a two-mile jog, of which all but 2 mins was actual running! We went out for drinks and a Chinese. Very pleasant. Saturday Got up at a sensible hour! We tidied the entire lounge, including all paperwork and other silly mess. Sunday I “helped” Leon finish the sweeping of the lounge. Leon evicted several spiders from behind the chair. Cleaned chairs, and Leon vacuumed them too. I completed Eeyore on my cross stitch kit. Leon cooked a fab leg of lamb with some funky coating (which is still making the fridge smell – but in a nice way). We went out for drinks at Brigantes. Mostly amusing, but I may have been a little harsh on Rich. (sorry) Paid up my entry fee for the Race For Life. Monday I had a lie-in, and then got up and we went to Clifton Moor. Bought Leon some underwear and I also bought a new night dress for myself. (No new dressing gown yet…). We also picked up some new bake ware. Had a slightly disappointing lunch in the “Flying Lettuce”(1). Baked a Victoria sponge and a dozen fairy cakes, and then frosted them all. I did a full hour session of Yoga (on a DVD) without getting bored, while Leon was on his driving lesson. Went to “Big Ian’s Ludicrous Pub Quiz” and came second. So now we have four more cans of rubbish beer. 1. The Flying Lettuce pub is actually called the Flying Legends, but as always, I couldn’t read it very well without my specs…

No comments: