So, as I mentioned I’m using the Web Generated Hand Knit Gloves pattern to make Gayle’s gloves with.
So, last night I picked up sticks and continued on the index finger. The pattern generated said: continue until the finger is 1.5 inches (6 rows). Hmm. This didn’t twig at first. When I got to 1.5 inches I looked at the finger, I looked at my own finger, I tried on the glove again (I love being able to do that). No, 1.5 inches is not long enough. I should have spotted that (especially since the middle finger was to be 2.5 inches!) I guess my chunky yarn must have upset the generator!
So, being the risk-taker that I am, I decided to knit a few more rounds; another 5 in fact. Then the three decreasing rounds leaving me with 3 stitches to sew up at the tip. And I’m happy that it fits me, with a bit of a nail too. Gayle doesn’t have especially long nails, so they should fit her too, I hope.
I really need to get on with some of my Christmas projects though. I still have one-and-a-half crochet and three knitted things to finish and only 33 days to do it in, of which one is the Stitch n Craft, one is the Railway Ball and one is the Racecourse Ball. Only eight are properly free days, and two of those can only be used for knitting for Leon’s family as I have to drop off my family’s gifts by the 21st when we see my parents before we go to Leon’s folks’.
I don’t think I’m going to have time to make a new ball dress for the second ball though, so it’s going to have to be either a new one, or a re-used one from a previous year. Hm.