Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Meme about music

Saw this on Knitting and... and thought it might be interesting.

A.) Go to musicoutfitters.com
B.) Enter the year you graduated from high school in the search function and get the list of 100 most popular songs of that year
C.) Bold the songs you like, strike through the ones you hate - I came to the conclusion that the American Billboard Chart - sucks.

So, I thought I'd have a dig for a more interesting year/date.
I was going to do the UK top 40 for December 1981 (when I was born) but they were all a bit odd (the birdy song?) so I looked up what was in the chart on my 21st birthday
I've bolded the ones I like and struck through the ones I hate...

1. Will Young, Leave Right Now
2. Ozzy & Kelly Osbourne, Changes
3. Michael Andrews featuring Gary Jules, Mad World
4. Black Eyed Peas, Shut Up
5. Shane Richie, I'm Your Man
6. Darkness, Christmas Time (Don't Let The Bells End)
7. Westlife, Mandy
8. Gareth Gates, Say It Isn't So
9. Bo Selecta, Proper Crimbo
10. Girls Aloud, Jump
11. Idols, Happy Xmas (War Is Over)
12. Katie Melua, The Closest Thing To Crazy
13. Cliff Richard, Santa's List
14. Simply Red, You Make Me Feel Brand New
15. Outkast, Hey Ya!
16. Evanescence, My Immortal
17. Cheeky Girls, Have A Cheeky Christmas
18. Kevin Lyttle, Turn Me On
19. Atomic Kitten featuring Kool & The Gang, Ladies Night
20. Dido, Life For Rent
21. Christina Aguilera, The Voice Within
22. UB40 featuring United Colours Of Sound, Swing Low
23. Sugababes, Too Lost In You
24. D-Side, Real World
25. Busted, Crashed The Wedding
26. Blue featuring Stevie Wonder & Angie Stone, Signed Sealed Delivered I'm Yours
27. Ultrabeat, Feelin' Fine
28. Fatman Scoop featuring The Crooklyn Clan, Be Faithful
29. Ja Rule, Clap Back / Reigns
30. Nelly Furtado, Powerless (Say What You Want)
31. Madonna, Love Profusion
32. Lemar, 50 / 50 / Lullaby
33. Big Brovaz, Ain't What You Do
34. Lost Brothers featuring G Tom Mac, Cry Little Sister (I Need U Now)
35. Alicia Keys, You Don't Know My Name
36. Britney Spears featuring Madonna, Me Against The Music
37. Alex Parks, Maybe That's What It Takes
38. Delta Goodrem, Not Me Not I
39. Michael Jackson, One More Chance
40. Daniel O'Donnell, You Raise Me Up

1 comment:

kasiaiscarly said...

how funny! you didn't know most of the US ones, and I know less than half on the UK list :)