Thursday, April 27, 2006

Civ 4

Since we joined Screen Select which is a postal DVD rental company, I got a free voucher for DVD.co.uk so I surfed on in and had a look at their offerings. I bought the missing book from my Patricia Cornwell collection, and also Civ 4.
I’m quite impressed with the game. It’s a little slow, but I think that is most likely because my PC is on the cusp of the minimum requirements. In fact, every time I load the game, it reminds me that my graphics card does not meet its minimum specifications! Poo. I have had a crash incident, though I’m not sure whether I, the game, the anti-virus or Windows is to blame. As the game was trying to play the Stonehenge movie at the time, I’m inclined to think that it was the game, however, my anti-virus was also being rude about my having switched it off. Hmm. Well, I’ll keep trying, but it does look like a new PC is on the “Things I want to buy soon” list. I’m considering getting a laptop rather than a desktop, though you tend to get more for your money with a desktop. I would probably sit in silly places with a laptop too…
Anyway, the game looks cool nonetheless.

No comments: