Sunday, April 02, 2006

Road-runner

Yes! Today was my first attempt at running outside
Ok, not the first attempt ever - I'm not six.
As a result of being entered in the Race For Life, I've had to think about training. Yesterday Leon and I went to Up and Running which is a shop that sells running gear. I tried on what seemed like hundreds of pairs of trainers. Dissapointingly, the pink ones were not the best fit for me. I now have some shiny new white-and-lime trainers. I will run because I paid a lot for these trainers.
I also bought a "sport jock" sports bra, which did what it claimed it would, so yey. No "jogger's nipple" for me!
My final purchase of the day was a set of three pairs of sports socks. They are in three colours (white, purple, pink) and in size 5.5-8 (I'm a 7.5 in trainers apparantly! - odd, as I'm a 6 normally!)
So, then it rained on us, and I didn't go out running.
This morning it wasn't raining - in fact it was quite sunny. So, Leon dragged me out of bed and we went for a run. I had a mile-long route pre-planned. We ran from my house to the second juntion into Lint and Mr.Black's estate, back onto my estate and then round the one way system home. approximately 1 mile according to my software. Took 12 minutes, of which about 2.5 mins were walking. I was quite pleased that I made it all the way round and didn't die or anything. I was pretty knackered when I got in though. Despite which I still went upstairs to our "gym" (second bedroom) and did my usual array of crunches, squats and curls. I will probably regret it tomorrow.

1 comment:

Chip said...

I got jogger's nipple for the first time ever this week. Think I need to find a different solution from yours, however...