Thursday, April 20, 2006

Nine to Five

I seem to have become Little Miss Paperwork now. Little Miss Programmer has not been needed for some time. It’s annoying, my boss insists that I assign a titchy change to the person who wrote a program, yet also tells me that I should not be the only person who knows about the Automation I have been creating. Raa! It’s really frustrating. Of course, there’s always the option to look for other jobs elsewhere, but I’m afraid I’m all talk at the moment. And then, to make it even better he decides that actually he’ll do all the coding, and I can do the chuffing paperwork for it.
As if it isn’t bad enough that my pay rise was pathetic; they go on and try to push me a whole bunch more really uninteresting and monotonous jobs. (Monotonous is a monotonous word to type too…) I guess I shouldn’t complain too much, I don’t work many hours or that hard (mostly for the reasons stated above) so it’s not that bad. I’d still like to do something about this lot.
The amusement for me at the moment is that it looks like we’re going to be severely understaffed for a fortnight in May. Yey. And that can only be blamed on the person giving all of the leave, which is not me. Muhahaha. The down side to this is that it can only be moments before they ask me to cover the missing person(s) because that seems to be the way it is at present. Either that or they’ll have to refuse a holiday request, which might be a little harsh.
Maybe now wouldn’t be the best time to put in a request for some holiday time?.

No comments: