Monday, June 05, 2006

Flies are Evil

Insects are everywhere, which is bad enough. However, yesterday one of them had the audacity to fly into my eye. This was not only painful but also very irritating; as it completely threw me off pace in my jogging. Leon managed to retrieve the horrible little blighter (I hope it is dead) and we continued on briefly. However, my eye was very sore and runny by this point and I was cross (to say the least). My anger mounted when another (possibly related) fly flew into my other eye. I managed to fish this one out before it began to sting too much, but the damage was now done. I could not see properly and was incredibly annoyed with the insect population. We walked home and I rinsed my eyes with cold water (which also stung, but made me feel better, knowing I no longer had fly-based-dirt in my eyes)

No comments: