Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Run

Leon and I did our second full three miles yesterday. After the fly incident I was not confident, but we set off at a good pace. We whiled away the first set of five minutes by ranting about work. This is helpful to me because I get to rant, but also I get it out of my system and then have a pleasant evening. I spent much of the fourth 5 minute stint complaining, especially about how taking water with us results in sloshing noises which make me need the loo. During our fifth stint we were told by a local yob (he was sitting in a tree) “Nice A**” – though I don’t know if he was talking about Leon or me. In total we took 34 minutes to run the three miles. I think that’s faster than 5 miles an hour. However, we are walking for some of the time, and it is harder to run all the way around. Oh well, I have exactly 3 weeks to be able to run the whole way.

1 comment:

Bertworld said...

I'm well impressed. Keep it up. Joined the gym myself and upto 15 mins non-stop. But not losing weight ... probably the beers!