Thursday, June 29, 2006

Race For Life

I completed the Race for Life. Thank you to everyone who has sponsored me!

I managed to finish in about 40 mins. Lots of the people who got themselves into the “runners” group didn’t run very far before they stopped running and started walking. Some of the runners, though, ran round very quickly! I was somewhere in-between. I ran for the whole thing, which included running around people. It was quite satisfying to finish knowing that I ran all the way around and that I have raised a big wadge of cash for Cancer Research UK.

My sister came up to support me (Mum and Dad would have, but they had work commitments) and to laugh at me too. It has been very nice to see her again. She also drove me to the racecourse, which was fab!

Afterwards we all went for a celebratory curry. Excellent.

I think that I will continue running because it’s a way of keeping fit (it would be awful to go back to the slob state I was in before we started training when I couldn’t even run for a bus!) although I don’t expect that we will run quite as often! I’d like to keep doing the three miles, and I guess it will get easier if we keep doing it! it is only just over half-an-hour when running on the road and when not running with 5000 other women!

My last (and most important) thank you of the post has to go to Leon for his support over the past few months training for the race, and for his continued support in carrying on running and staying fit!

Oh - photos of me on the day to come once we've uploaded them.

No comments: