Monday, June 26, 2006

Surprise!

So, this weekend we have been in Edinburgh for Jackie’s birthday celebrations. She didn’t know about it until she walked into her house to find us all there waiting for her! JB, her boyf, did an excellent job of keeping it secret and she really had no idea! It was a great night too, although we stayed up too late and drank too much.
We don’t make it up there often enough though. We should work on that.

Other notable news, the parents may be coming up to see me in the Race For Life, as is my sister. I don’t know whether they will stay long after, I’m going to see if Gayle wants to stick around, but I know Dad has to be back at work that evening. Some of the runners are planning to head on to have a curry afterwards to celebrate. Yey! I like curry. And I like celebrating.

Also, what sucks about the weekend just gone is how much weight I put back on! What a nightmare! I’ve been so good and lost so much. I’ve gone back up by three pounds! Hopefully when I am back on the porridge this will be rectified. (porridge is wonder food!) and also I will be drinking nothing this week until after the race. I think that most of the weekend’s gain is due to margaritas. I didn’t even have a single crisp (go me!) though I did eat three burgers. And three chicken strippers and two bits of pizza. (not all together, this is over the period from 6pm Saturday to 6pm Sunday) oh well. I also drank over a litre of margarita, one cup of tea, one and a half cans of diet coke and a bottle of water.
No wonder I’m really hungry right now!

No comments: