Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Darn Ravelry Queues!

My knitting queue is out of hand. I have 87 items in my knitting queue on Ravelry. 29 pairs of socks (some for OH), 28 jumpers, cardigans, vests and shrugs (one for Mum), 8 baby things (mostly to choose between for various babies that are expected) and the rest are scarves, shawls, gloves, cuffs, hats, legwarmers, and other random things. Now clearly I’m not just working my way down the list, though I do try to shunt the things I want to make soon to the top of the list. So, a short summary of what I hope to make soon (I have more than one on the go usually so I’ve split them into categories):
  • Socks
    1. One of either Hedgerow Socks or Storm for OH using the CHI I bought at the NDS for him.
      This is also going to be my entry into the Ravelympics, I’m participating for Team Ankh Morpork Knitters in the Sock Putt! (knit any sock between the opening and closing ceremonies)
    2. Vinnland for me using the green stuff Ombre most likely
    3. Spring Thaw Socks again for me. I don’t know what yarn yet, but it needs to be solidish. (Sorry, no link – they’re in Knitters’ Summer 2008
    4. Windowpane Socks (again no link, sorry) using some leftover Opal most likely, but who knows!
  • Jumpers, cardigans and such,
    1. Beautiful in Blue for Mum in Kool Kotton (Aqua colour) – this was in SK in November last year
    2. Apres Surf Hoodie for me, using the Rowanspun I bought especially. I think I need needles.
    3. Hey, Teach! for me, I don’t know what yarn yet.
  • Shawls and Scarves
    1. Clapotis using the lovely BFL I bought at the NDS open day NDS BFL peach
    2. Muir using the Violet green Laceweight yarn Laceweight Yarn
    3. Forest Canopy Shawl (pattern needs purchasing) using the Fyberspates Scrumptious Scrumptious
  • Other Stuff
    1. Baby bibs – I’ve got some yarn in my stash suitable (ie washable) in blue
    2. Jacques Cousteau Hat for OH using leftovers from Manly
    3. Cabled Newsboy Cap from the lush Toft Alpacas DK
    4. Recycle Tote (a freebie from Knit.1)
    5. Mosey - I need yarn for this though
    6. Seat belt snuggles (to stop the seat belt rub in vest tops!)
So, as you can see, I have plenty to be knitting! I still have to finish the current sweater, socks, scarf on the needles (the sudoku blanket still doesn’t count!) which are the Urban Vest, Monkeys and Branching Out. I’m keen to knit Clapotis, so hopefully that will give me the impetus to finish Branching Out!

No comments: