Friday, July 18, 2008

Yey-walkers.

Woo! The Jaywalkers are finished and on my feet. No, I haven’t taken a photo yet. I finished grafting the toe at about 10:30pm. I’ll photograph them when I’ve washed and re-blocked them, and we hopefully have some vaguely pleasant weather rather than all this rain. They are, as with all handknit socks, so comfortable and warm, but not sweaty. And the pattern is so fantastic! I love them!

So, that means I’m casting on some more socks today. Yes indeed. I have the pattern, yarn and needles required to cast on the monkey socks with the Natural Dye Studio yarn originally from the SP11 swap and my lovely upstream from that round Crafty Drama Queen!

So, I’ll let you know if I love that pattern as much as the Jaywalker one.

OH is wearing the sweater to work today, and his socks from before. I feel loved as a knitter.

I bought some yarn online, but it hasn’t come yet. I’ve bought the yarn for the Apres Surf Hoodie (from the Summer Interweave Knits) – not the recommended yarn, but some Rowanspun 4ply in “Squirrel” (soft grey). I hope it’s nice. Then I really must stop buying yarn for myself, I have three jumpers’ worth!

2 comments:

kasiaiscarly said...

ooh, love the color you're going to use for monkey socks!

Dianne said...

I've had the Monkey sock pattern in my queue for a while know. I'll be anxious to hear how you like them compared to the Jaywalkers.