Sunday, July 27, 2008

Woolly Weekend!

Warning: VERY picture heavy post...

This weekend we went to the Natural Dye Studio, in Suffolk (not Sussex, my geography sucks!) which is less than 2 hours from OH's folks' place.

We knit, we saw dyeing be done, I got to talk to Fyberspates' Jen (Rav Link), briefly.

While there I was able to work on the monkey sock Here it is later that day, ready for the next one to cast on. The pattern is so nice and the fit is much better on my foot than the Jaywalkers are. Overall, it's rating highly, but I do seem to need to concentrate a bit. Anyway, at the NDS we watched dye being done Yarn being dried in the sun And knitters (they're all in the studio watching the dye demo. OH takes pictures of things not people.) And I bought scrummy yarn!

From NDS:
Chi for OH socks: BFL for me: BFL that will be a clapotis
As well as some Fyberspates Scrumptious (I don't know what it will be yet)


And some undyed BFL from Bluefaced.com
Gosh! And as if that's not enough, I got around to photographing (and wearing again, though not much due to the heat) the Jaywalkers:
What a great weekend!

1 comment:

Dianne said...

It looks like you had a great time!