Monday, July 11, 2011

Another Handspun FO

After the success of the bookmark I present a hat!

Yes, I finished the hat that I cast on last week, and I’m working on some matching mittens now. I’m totally hooked on working with my handspun; it is lush! Credit where it’s due, it’s really thanks to the fibre.

Star Hat - complete!

It does still need blocking, to make it less pointy and more wavy. I’ll have to think about making a template in the correct shape…

Star Hat - complete!

Pattern: Star Hat by Tetiana Otruta
Yarn: Handspun Bonkers Fibre, Flamingo, approx. DK/Worsted, 76yds
Needles: 6mm circular
Modifications: Instead of SKPsso used SSK, changed the purl rows in the decrease section to be the same as those in the feather and fan pattern.
Verdict: I love this hat! The pattern was nice and easy, quick and satisfying. I love twisted rib anyway! I’m glad that I chose this for my handspun! Now I just need to work out how to block it properly.

Star Hat - complete!


-o0o-
PS. We've adopted some Robrovski hamsters, named Bill and Ben. So cute. Expect to hear more about them!

No comments: