Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Not feeling fit

I have to confess, I have only been running once since the race for life. This is mostlyVictoria Beckham Looking Very Thin because of a variety of ailments on both my and Leon’s part – but my foot seems to be better now. I have, however, returned to my treadmill. As I am only about 12lb from my “goal weight” now, I should be doing toning as well as weight loss workouts. So, I have done two sessions where I have run on the treadmill on an elevation for 10mins and then gone on to do crunches/squats and other weight bearing exercises. Although 10 minutes doesn’t sound like long, I have been endeavouring to go faster on the treadmill than I do on the pavement. That said, it’s feeling like a bit of a cop-out. So, I find myself left with some choices to make. Either I join a gym again (where they can tell me what to do) or I start back up running again (so I at least feel better) or I up my regime myself (good for me!) or I do none of these and feel dissatisfied with myself. I wish we were nearer to a pool. I’m looking forward to when Leon can drive as then we can drive to a pool. It will not be any less grimy when we’re there, but we can at least go somewhere. Or I suppose we could go to a gym-based pool (less grimy). I feel we should support the local community pools and all, but I am a bit funny about swimming pools. (As well as other people’s plates, other people’s baths and similar) Anyway, this leaves me in the situation where I have to make the best of what I have for now, while I mull over whether I can afford a gym membership (which will have to include a gym membership for Leon too) and also whether I will go. It will probably be that I’ll have to make Leon drive to a gym once he can drive (they’re all a fair way away, except for the one at not-the-moat-house) Gayle and I I guess the point is that I need to be doing some exercise so I don’t get fatter instead of thinner. All I want is to be able to wear trendy shorts without looking like a horror. I don’t want to look like Victoria Beckham – too thin! However, I wouldn’t mind having legs that look good in a mini skirt. I’d like to be able to wear cropped t-shirts (and a bikini!) for my holiday in Florida next summer. In fact, I think that’s the problem I’m having. Last time I went to Florida was quite some time ago – I was 17 (I think) and had fabulous legs (if I do say so myself) and was a small size 10. I realise that I am not going to get back to that without becoming very ill. However, I’d like to be a more womanly version of that – surely that’s not too much to ask?

No comments: