Monday, January 15, 2007

Skill

I have sort-of learned a new skill.
At the weekend my "teach yourself knitting" book arrived. My mum happened to be around to laugh at me and to show me how to cast on (not that hard) and I've knitted a patch in some multi coloured DK (double knit) wool. I cast-off from that now so that I can teach myself some of the other techniques.
I also picked up some thicker yarn and some fatter needles so that I could begin project one in the book: a scarf. I also had a look online and found myself a pattern for some mittens. My Nanna used to make mittens (among other things) for me and my sister when we were little. The sound of the needles brings back some nice memories, which adds to the experience of knitting, which I am enjoying.
I do feel a bit of an old bid though, as I've got a cross-stitch and a knitting project on the go!

No comments: