Thursday, April 26, 2007

Cold Post

It seems a long day when I know that I have stuff that needs doing but I'm not sure that I can concentrate enough to do it. I’ve been so tired recently! I think I’m getting enough sleep, though I'm not sure about the quality of the sleep. I do keep waking up at crazy times!

The shrug is still in progress, despite there only being a small number of stitches per row on the sleeve, it seems to take an age. It doesn’t help that I'm not used to circular knitting. Still, I have only 26 rows to go (or it may be 24) and then it’ll be done. Well – I’ll still have to sew up the seams and buy and fit some buttons.

I picked up another issue of simply knitting today, my last one before my subscription starts. There are some nice “wrist warmers” which I hope to knit. There’s a cute teddy too that I might be able to do with some of the feathery yarn I made the pink scarf from. I haven’t got very far with the needle roll, I must confess that I have somewhat lost interest. I hope that the same will not happen on a big project like a cardigan or similar!
I am hoping to design some patterns of my own at some point. I’ve seen a couple of sweaters (in catalogues or on people) which I quite like and think I can tell how they go. I can make my own patterns for dresses, so I hope that the same applies!

I haven’t decided what I am wearing to the wedding Leon and I are going to. We need to check the invite and see how long there is in between the actual wedding bit (with the food and such) and the party bit. I might be able to get away with wearing one of the dresses I still have kicking about in a suitcase on top of the wardrobe. Depends on how they look on me now, what Leon thinks (it’s his friend after all) and whether I need different outfits for different bits of the day. Oh – and I don’t think that I should wear black to a wedding. (Though I have worn white to weddings before) I’ll probably continue to have a crisis about this until we get there and I have no choice!

They claim that the air conditioning isn’t working, so they’ve brought in some portable units to cool the building. It’s freezing! I have a backup cardigan in my drawer in case I get cold. I’m wearing it now, and I’m still cold. I don’t mind if the air conditioning isn’t working if it means that I get to be warm for a day or two.

No comments: