Thursday, April 12, 2007

Spring has... been skipped?

I like the nicer weather we’re having at the moment. It’s a little easier to get up in the morning when the sun is shining. Given how hard I find it to get out of bed, every little helps! We’ve even turned off the heating! I’m feeling especially summary today as I have painted my toenails and am wearing sandals.

I’ll probably be cold later on.

So, I got around to booking my waxing and hairdresser appointments. Hooray! I’ll be hair-free (legs, anyway) tonight, and my hair-do will be redone on Saturday morning.
I chose the beauty salon (for waxing) on the grounds that they only do nails, tanning and waxing. Also the girl on the desk was so helpful and nice when I went in to get a pricelist, which is shiny with silver writing.
I’ll have to be careful not to be sucked in to the whole false nails thing. I love false nails – mine are so weak and are not good shapes. I suppose I could get a manicure to make them nice, but not today. Anyway, I have coped with my nails for over a year now. They are improving a little I think. Partly due to the fact that I'm a bit nicer to them and cut and file rather than break, bite and pick.
If I have managed to correctly book my hair appointment, I’ll be having a cut-and-colour. If not, I may only have a cut and blow-dry. Either will be fine, as I just need to get rid of some of the thickness – it’s a bit bouffant!

All this is preparation for my pre-holiday beautification. (!)
I’ll need to be waxed (for bikini wearing on the beach). I’d like to be tanned (again for bikini wearing and also for not looking like a tourist!) and I would enjoy a manicure and pedicure, though we’ll see. Hair also needs to be done, mostly for ease of maintenance when I’m there as I can’t take my appliances (like straighteners) with me. I might look into travel versions suitable for use on 110v electrics. I might just be frizzy!

Lastly, though, I want to knit a nice wrap/stole/poncho type garment for wearing in the evening. I may look at my pattern book for a nice lacy pattern and then buy some glittery yarn to make it with. I may not. We’ll see. I may just see what ideas I get in Simply Knitting!
Sadly, though, I can not take my knitting needles on a plane in the cabin. This means a long flight with no knitting, unless I can smuggle some small sock needles on (my current set are wooden) and knit socks all the way there! Haha. Perhaps not the best idea to try, and I’d have no way of cutting my yarn anyway (without one of the cutters which I guess are probably banned now too). I could always take up crochet for the flight, as crochet hooks are not on the prohibited list!

No comments: