Saturday, October 13, 2007

For my Secret Pal: The Knitting and Stitching show is at Alex.Palace (so that's what Ally Pally is) in London this weekend. However, there are two more to come, one in Dublin (1-4 Nov) and one in Harrogate (22-25 Nov). For information on the event including tickets, go Here, the Twisted Thread website. As I said, I'm still awaiting my tix, but with the postal strike who knows!

So, if any of you have been watching the ticker, it's Leon and my anniversary tomorrow. We've been together for six years now. So, Leon's booked us in to a nice restaurant in York for tonight, and we're maybe off to the pictures after.

The haircut happened, it's not especially different than before. I'm growing it at the moment into a choppy chin-length bob-type cut. My hairdresser is fab about these things, I told her roughly what I wanted to do with it, and she made a couple of suggestions and off we went! I'll get it coloured next time too. I'm thinking of going back to red again. But I don't know.

I've ordered some more yarn from Cucumberpatch - I found out that the nice yarn that was on sale might be discontinued (Jaeger) and I really like the Aran that I've been using for some of the gifts I'm knitting, so I have ordered 10 balls of it. I really only need a couple for a gift where I bought too little and then 7 for the "Urban Vest" Jaeger Extra Fine Merino - Coffee
I like the look of this, but I am not knitting it in angora (though that would be lush) or in grey (grey doesn't suit me) so I'm knitting it in "coffee" colour which is a pretty shade. I like so many of the colours though, peacock (a nice green) is also very pretty. Well, perhaps if I manage to not spend a fortune at the stitch and craft I'll treat myself to some more if it is still in the sale! And if I pick something to knit, I like to have a plan for my yarn.

So, enough, I have stuff to do today I am going to watch telly :)

No comments: